Use the WSU online
to find location and availability of books and other media
in Stewart Library. Most of the books on business are in the H's.
Books on Spanish language will be in the PC4000's in the General Collection.
Cat to find books in other libraries. For
home or off campus access please use your WSU Login. Stewart
Library Interlibrary Loan
services will order for you.
|Subject Headings: The following
Library of Congress Subject Headings may be useful:
- Business communication --[country]
- Business enterprises --[country]
- Business etiquette --[country]
- Corporate culture --[country]
- Corporate culture--[country]
- Ethnic groups -- [country]
- Ethnic relations --[country]
- Free trade
- Intercultural communication
- International business enterprises
- International finance
- International trade
- Investments, Foreign --[country]
- [name of country]
- Negotiation in business --[country]
- Taxation --[country]
- Vital Statistics
- The Country Studies
- This series, published by Library of Congress, presents
a description and analysis of the historical setting and the social,
economic, political, and national security systems and institutions
of countries throughout the world and examines the interrelationships
of those systems and the ways they are shaped by cultural factors.
Not every country is represented and dates of publication vary.
See links below, within Country Guides,
to individual country titles.
- A searchable collection of electronic books on all subjects;
available to WSU students
Order books online from Amazon Books,
Barnes and Noble or Yahoo Books
Page. Also use Books
in Print sources as needed.
Interlibrary Loan :
If we do not own a particular book or article you need, we will
borrow it for you from another library through Interlibrary
Reference resources include encyclopedias, dictionaries and
other materials you use to "refer" to. Use these resources
for background information on a topic.
ONLINE REFERENCE RESOURCES
- An easy-to-use, two-step database that allows you
to view and compare the most up-to-date statistical data for the
Member States of the United Nations.
and Hoovers Espana -
Company profiles and business information
PRINT REFERENCE RESOURCES
Listed below are some
selected examples. Use the catalog or browse the shelves to see
many more useful reference books. Useful titles on culture and diversity
are on Table 5A. Statistical and demographic data can be found on
- Business operations in... [Mexico, Spain, etc...] Reference
- Heavy focus on taxation and accounting.
- Country Studies - Government Documents D101.22:
- Culturegrams Reference Table 5A GT150.C85. Handy summary
of practical information for the traveler; touches on the social
customs and the economic, political and historical characteristics
of the country useful for the visitor to know.
- Encyclopedia of the Third World - HC59.7.K87. Provides
a compact, balanced and objective description of the dominant
political, economic, and social systems of 122 countries of the
- Encyclopedia of World Cultures - Reference Table 5A GN307.E53
1991. Volumes cover 1,500 cultures from around the world. Each
entry includes information on cultural relations, kinship, marriage
and family, religion, and a bibliography.
- Europa World Yearbook - Reference Table 5A JN102.E852
. Provides a detailed profile on each country with a good statistical
survey on key economic statistics.
- Exporters' Encyclopaedia - Reference Table 6A HF 3011.E9.
A comprehensive guide to exporting, containing information on
markets, regulation, documents, communications, and many other
aspects of exporting.
- Guide to Economic Indicators - HC103.F9 2000
- Statesman's Yearbook - JA51.S7
- UNESCO Statistical Yearbook - Reference Table 5B AZ361.S7
- World Economic Factbook 1998/9 - Reference Table
5B HC59.15 .W67 1998-99
- World Factbook - Reference Table 5B G1.W6
To find articles on your
topic you need to use article databases, also known as periodical
indexes. Each database usually covers a group of subject related
journals. Search by subject or keyword in these indexes. Most
databases are available from off campus
with a WSU student ID.
- ABI/Inform -
Coverage includes advertising, business conditions, economics,
finance, trends, corporate strategies, management techniques,
marketing, taxation, and product information. Selected full-text.
en Espanol - Search Ebscohost databases with a Spanish interface.
Most articles are in English. Includes:
Search Premier - Provides some full text articles in over
a thousand magazines and journals
Source Premier Coverage includes management, economics,
finance, accounting, and international business topics. Selected
- Ethnic NewsWatch
- Full text. Opciones de búsqueda en Inglés y en Español. Favor
de seleccionar idioma de búsqueda: Articles from minority and
ethnic newspapers, magazines, and journals in English and Spanish.
- MLA International Bibliography is usually the best index for
researching literature and literary criticism topics. MLA provides
article reference for articles in literature, languages,
linguistics, and folklore back to 1963. Updated ten times per
NEWSPAPERS AND MEDIA
some WWW sites to get you started. Most of these will take you to
other links, so explore!
guide provides links to business and economic data on that country.
Sources include governmental, organizational and commercial Web
sites, and books available in the WSU Stewart Library.
See also many other useful
links within the Stewart Library Research
Guides for Business and Economics
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES
When searching for materials,
try a variety of databases- ask a librarian for suggestions based
on your topic. Remember- different databases will have different
coverage, and will look a little different. One good strategy
is to try to find one or two GOOD articles- once you've found them,
look at the terms they use, and try another search using those terms.
GET STARTED EARLY!
If you can find it, we can get it, but you need to start your research
early. You might find some really great stuff that is not
available in full text, or articles from journals that we don't
have access to. If this is the case, all you have to do is
use Interlibrary Loan, and it will be sent to the WSU library for you
to pick up. These things might take a few days or a
If you STILL can't find
exactly what you need, or have questions...
- CALL the Reference desk at: 626-6514
- CLICK on the Live assistance button for real
time help during library hours.
- Email us at
- or COME IN! The Reference Desk is on the middle
level of the library.