& Internet Resources
Market research covering
U.S. and international markets. Reports cover Market Drivers,
Market Segmentation, Distribution, Consumer profile, Market Size,
Advertising Promotion, and more.
Users are required to
create a profile when first accessing, then logging to get into
Includes Industry Surveys,
covering a variety of industries including: Aerospace, Alcoholic
Beverages, Banking, Broadcasting, Homebuilding, Retailing, Telecommunications,
Publishing, and more. The surveys include current profile, industry
environment, industry leaders, revenues and more.
Provides a variety of
business news sources and profiles on several industry markets.
These include Banking, Chemicals, Computer & Telecommunications,
Food & Beverages, Leisure, Real Estate, and more. To access
Business news select Business under Academic Search Forms, then
click on the Business News link. To Access Industry news, select
Business under Academic Search Forms, then click on the Industry
& Market link.
Divided into three databases
Contains news and analysis
of local markets from major business publications, magazines and
Provides access to a
variety of business periodicals worldwide. Useful for getting
in depth scholarly information.
Trade & Industry
Contains business periodicals
with a trade and industry focus. Users of this database may get
industry information, competitive markets, marketing trends and
may be searched individually or combined. To combine databases
select one of them then click on the link "Databases Selected",
check each of the desired databases and click "Continue."
devoted to a variety of business topics. Many articles available
Enhanced Business Searching
may be used for obtaining Industry Profiles, Market Research Reports,
and more. To access Enhanced Business Searching, Click on the
"Choose Databases" tab at the top of the screen, then
click on the "Enhanced Business Searching Interface"
There are many Industry
- Broadcasting and Telecommunications
- Food and Beverage Stores
- Retail Trade
There are many Market
Research Reports including:
- Automotive News Analysis
- Financial Services News Analysis
- Retail News Analysis
- Travel News Analysis
- Manufacturing News Analysis
Enhanced Business Searching
may be accessed by:
- Click on the Choose Databases tab from the main search page.
- At the bottom of the database description, there is a link
for Enhanced Searching Interface.
- Click on the link and the home page for enhanced searching
Full Text of over 300
U.S. and International Newspapers.
Full and current access
to the premier financial newspaper.
NAICS Codes - U.S. Census Bureau
Definitions of each
industry classification code.
- Dictionary of Market Research - Reference HF54158.2.V36
- Market Share Reporter - Reference Area Table
6 HF5410.M35 2006
Two volume set updated
yearly providing Market Share statistics on products and industries,
arranged by the Standard Industrial Classificaton Code (SIC) and
includes the North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS)
codes for each entry.
- Ward's Business Directory of Private and Public Companies
Reference Area Table
6 HG4057.A575 2005
Eight volume directory
of public and private U.S. Companies. Volume 8 contains a directory
of the North American Classification System (NAICS) and company
rankings within this system.
- Business to Business Market Research: Understanding
and Measuring Business Markets
- The International Handbook of Market Research Techniques
- Market Research HF5415.2.B57 2002
- Market Research in the Internet Age: Leveraging the
Internet for Market Measurement and Consumer Insight
- Business Plans Handbook: A compilation of Actual Business
Plans Developed by Small Business throughout North America
Reference Table 6 HD62.7 .B865 1998
- The Ermst & Young Business Plan Guide
Reference Table 6 HD62.5.S556 1993
- The Definitive Business Plan (Second Edition)
- Bankable Business Plans HD30.28.R644
- CPA's guide to developing effective business plans, 2001
- The Business Planning Guide: Creating a Winning Plan
for Success HD30.28.B362
- How to Prepare a Business Plan HD62.7.B55
- The Successful Business Plan: Secrets and Strategies
(Fourth Edition) HD62.5.A344 2003
- Anatomy of a Business Plan: A Step-by-Step Guide to
Building a Business and Securing your Company's Future (Fifth
Edition) HD30.28.P5 2001
Presents detailed information
on developing plans including the business plan and the marketing
plan, financial documents, supporting documents, tax information,
and packaging and updating the plan.
Basic information on
developing a business plan
Includes sample business plans, marketing plans, tips for presenting
plans, and other useful links.
a Business Plan http://www.action-links.com/businesspages/businessplan.htm
Discusses elements and guidelines for the preparation
of a business plan.
Business Owner's Toolkit http://www.toolkit.cch.com/tools/buspln_m.asp
Includes downloadable sample plans that illustrate required
Sample business and marketing plans, contracts, etc.
Plan Roadmap to success http://www.sba.gov/starting/indexbusplans.html
From the Small Business Administration. A tutorial and
outline of the business plan.
Gives information on
developing the business plan, including determining if your business
idea is feasible, creating the business plan, and market analysis.
Provides basic information
on developing a business plan including what type of plan is needed,
identifying financial goals, and the elements of the business
- The Marketing Plan (Third Edition) Reference
- The Marketing Plan: A Handbook Reference
- Powerhouse Marketing Plans: 14 Outstanding Real-life
plans and what you can Learn from them to Supercharge your own
Campaigns HF5415.13.J5878 2004
- The Market Planning Guide: Creating a Plan to Successfully
Market your Business, Product, or Service HF5415.122.B36
- The Marketing Plan: A Step-by-Step Guide
- The Marketing Plan: How to Prepare and Implement it
- Marketing your Business: A Guide to Developing a Strategic
Marketing Plan HF5415.135.N957 2003
- Preparing the marketing
plan HF5415.13 .P3248 2000
- Marketing on a tight budget : an action guide to low cost
business growth HF5415.13.F67 2000
(Chapter 11: The one hour marketing plan)
- The Internet marketing plan HF5415.1265.B39
- Marketing Plans: How to Prepare them, how to use them
- Marketing Planning Guide (Third Edition) HF5415.13.S874
Provides a sample marketing
plan for a hypothetical company. A link is provided for other
Full detailed tutorial
on writing a marketing plan.
Contains marketing plans,
programs, and Small Business Management Articles and Resources
Provides resources related
to starting and operating a business in Utah. These resources
- Starting a business - Information about preparing a business
plan, financial resources for you business, business structure,
counseling and resources, and more
- Running your business - Includes Government business requirements
and Human Resources Assistance
- Relocating a Business to Utah - Information about moving a
business into the state of Utah such as the economy, demographics,
and the labor market
- Closing a Business - Provides information about dissolving
and changing a status of a business.
to those interested in starting a small business.
for students to learn Entrepreneurship through networking with
other entrepreneurs, attending association activities, and building
- Doing Business in Utah: A Legal Guide Reference
KFU213.U8.d54 2004 (Reference Table 6)
Provides legal information
about running a business in Utah, including business entities,
trade regulations, taxation, labor, evironmental law, real estate,
and more. This resource is also available online at http://www.vancott.com/resources/Doing_Business_in_Utah.pdf
and instructions on starting a business in Utah including regulations,
assistance, your business structure, tax information, and more.
Monthly periodical providing
business news for the state of Utah. Many of the articles are
available in on the Utah Business website: http://www.utahbusiness.com
Provides how-to information
for entrepreneurs starting and operating their own business.
Contains links to several
resources on the web for starting and running a small business.
Kaufman Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership http://www.entreworld.org
"Wide range of subjects divided into three categories:
Starting your Business, Growing your Business and Supporting Entrepreneurship.
There are helpful articles and research links included. Of special
note is the Business Information Center." (Glenda Neely,
University of Louisville)
Edge: The Edward Lowe Foundation http://www.lowe.org
Devoted to championing the entrepreneurial spirit and promote
his philosophy of fostering and nurturing the American entrepreneur.
Contains a "quick search" area for finance, human resources, leadership
and management, legal issues, marketing, operations and technology.
Information resources area includes business builders and best
business links. (Glenda Neely, University of Louisville)
- Small Business
"Provides financial, technical and management assistance
to help Americans start, run, and grow their businesses.
The Online Small Business Authority http://www.entrepreneurmag.com
Maintained by Entrepreneur Magazine to support new business ideas
and growing companies. Contains selected articles from the
publication and resources for business developers. "Small Business
Tools" section enables one to download ready-made business forms
and search a software library; "Entrepreneur's Databases" include
links to categories of franchising opportunities (fastest-growing,
top new, home-based, etc). (Glenda Neely, University of
Reference Guide to Small Business Information http://www.loc.gov/rr/business/guide/guide2/
Contents include: "Introduction, Getting Started, Raising
Capital, Managing Your Business, Human Resources, Marketing, Doing
Business with Government, International Opportunities, Research
and Information Gathering, Looking At the Numbers, Handbooks and
Guides, Information about Companies, Indexes, Databases, Other
Information Sources, Keeping Current, and Index." (Glenda
Neely, University of Louisville)
General business search
website. Includes a variety of links for small business.
- Utah Business Directory Reference HF5065.U8.U78
- Encyclopedia of Business Information Sources
20th edition Reference HF5351.E93 2005
Helpful directory of
business sources; includes a section on small business.
- Going Solo: The Best Resources for Entrepreneurs & Freelancers
Reference HB615.G54 1999
- Small Business Bible Reference HD62.7.S53
- The Entrepreneur's Desk Reference: Authoritative Information,
Ideas, and Solutions for Your Small Business
- The Small Business Handbook: The Entrepreneur's Definitive
Guide to Starting and Growing a Business
- The Business Start-up Kit: Everything you need to know
about Starting and Growing your Business
- Entrepreneurship Second Edition
- Getting Started in Entrepreneurship
- The Complete Small Business Guide: A Sourcebook for
New and Small Businesses
- How to Raise
Capital: Techniques and Strategies for Financing and Valuing your
- Entrepreneur Magazine: Guide to Raising Money HG4751.E58
- The Portable MBA in Entrepreneurship HD62.5.B94
- Venture capital: The Definitive Guide for Entrepreneurs,
Investors, and Practitioners HG4751.V463 2001
- The Ernst & Young Guide to Financing for Growth
- The Small Business Money Guide: How to Get it, Use it, Keep
it HG4027.7.L66 1999
- Encyclopedia of Associations Reference Desk
- National trade and professional associations of the United
States, 1999 Reference HD2425.N37 1999
- The Directory of Business Information Sources
Reference HF54.52 .U5 D567 2000
Includes associations, newsletters, magazines & journals,
trade shows, directories & databases, and Web sites.
Associations on the Web (Trade Associations in the Yahoo
A collection of Internet sites providing information about a wide
variety of professional and trade associations, cultural and art
organizations, political parties and advocacy groups, labor unions,
academic societies, and research institutions.
GET STARTED EARLY!
If you find something that
is not available in full text or not available in the library, you
may request the item through Interlibrary
Loan . Requests should be made in advance and allow a minimum
of 7 days to fill the request. If you need further assistance or
have any questions you may:
- Stop at the Reference Desk located on the middle level at the
north end of the library
- Call the Reference Desk at (801) 626-6415 or Toll free (877)
- Click on Live Assistant from the Library Home
- Email the Reference Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or contact the Business
& Economics Librarian