- Comparative International Accounting 9th ed. Reference HF5625.C74 2006
- 2002 Miller International Accounting Standards Guide Reference HF5626.M54 2002
- European Accounting Guide 5th edition Reference HF5616.E8E975 2003
- International accounting summaries : a guide for interpretation
and comparison On
- IASC-U.S. Comparison Project On
- Handbook Of International Accounting
- Miller International Accounting/Financial Reporting
Standards Guide On Reserve
- Doing Business in Mexico: A Practical Guide On Reserve
- Doing Business in Mexico On Reserve
- Doing Business in Mexico (PDF)
Produced by the MSI Global Alliance, this report provides an overview of doing business in Mexico. Section 4 includes information on Auditing and Accounting in Mexico, including information regarding the the Mexican Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (MGAAP), as well as other information about the Mexican currency, banking, and investing.
- Similarities and Differences: A comparison of IFRS and GAAP (PDF)
"This publication is for those who wish to gain a broad understanding of the key similiarities and differences between IFRS and GAAP. The first part of this document provides a summary of the similiarities and differences between IFRS and US GAAP. It refers to subsequent sections of the document where key differences are highlighted in more detail." (PriceWaterhouse Global)
- U.S. Master GAAP Guide 2007 Reference HF5616.U5.F534
- Doing Business in [name of country]
(PriceWaterhouse) Reference K3827.5.D64
- International accounting, general issues and classification
- Country studies in international accounting. Americas
and the Far East HF5616.N7C68 1996
- TRANSACC : Transnational accounting
- TRANSACC : Transnational accounting 2nd ed.
HF5626.T72 2001 (vol. 1 Argentina-Finland; vol.2
France-Norway; vol. 3 Portugal-USA)
- International accounting : A global perspective
- The nature and determinants of disclosure adequacy
: An international perspective
- International accounting and finance handbook
- International accounting HF5626.I577
- International accounting and comparative financial
reporting HF5626.N63 1999
- Interpretation and application of international accounting
standards, 1997 HF5626.E67
- Individual taxes, a worldwide summary
- Corporate taxes, a worldwide summary
- International Encyclopedia of Business & Management
Reference HF1001.I53 1996 v.1
Volume 1 of this set entries on accounting in various countries,
including Australia, central and eastern Europe, France, Germany,
Japan, the UK, USA, and a general entry on international accounting
that includes several countries.
- International tax summaries K45O5.4.I54
- Accounting in the developing countries
- Tax system in industrialized countries
HJ2599.5 .T28 1998
(Includes Japan, Europe, and North America)
- Research in third world accounting
- Taxation and economic development among Pacific Asian
countries HJ2970.5.M87 1994
- Country Studies in International Accounting: Europe
- International taxation of electronic commerce
- Advances in International Accounting
This is a multi-volume
set of Academic Refereed articles on the advancement of International
Accounting (The Library has a limited number of volumes).
For international annual
reports for specific companies, try going to that company's Web
site. To find out under what basis the financial statements
are presented, try looking after the "Financial Statements",
in the "Notes to Financial Statements" or in the "Report
of Independent Auditors". There will often be a note
titled "Accounting Policies" which will let readers know
under which basis the statemens are presented. You may
also find reports from one of these sites:
Database to find financial
profiles of international and U.S. companies. Information includes
company history, type of business, financial ratios, subsidiaries,
long term debt, and more.
financial profiles of U.S. and many international companies. Click
on the Company Profiles tab and enter your company name in the
Browse for tab.
Fulltext coverage with many business and accounting resources.
Includes access to Hoover's business profiles for international
- Individual Company Websites
Most publicly traded
national and international companies provide their financial information
on their website usually under Investors.
statement analysis: a practitioner's guide HF5681.B2F772
- The Analysis and Use of Financial Statements
A good reference on how to use and interpret the footnotes. (It
is a good idea when analyzing financial statements to check the
"footnotes" for explanations on how various numbers were contrived.)
- Financial statement analysis: an international perspective
HF5681. B2W35 2000
- The manager's guide to financial statement analysis
- Interpreting European Financial Statements
- Financial statement analysis HF5681.B2B46
- How to Use Financial Statements: A Guide to the Numbers
A good source for novice investors or accountants to understand
the balance sheet.
for Reading an Annual Report
Articles on Accounting Topics
Try the following databases
to locate articles on accounting topics:
- ABI/Inform - now divided into:
Nearly 1800 worldwide business periodicals with in-depth coverage
of business and economic conditions, practice of business,
advertising, marketing, economics, human resources, finance,
taxation, computers, and more. Expanded international coverage.
Hard-to-find local and regional business news coverage of
large corporations, privately held companies, local start-ups,
executive profiles, marketing, finance, and industry news.
Trade and industry
Search more than 750 business periodicals and newsletters
with a trade or industry focus. Provides users with the latest
industry news, product and competitive information, marketing
trends, and a wide variety of other topics. Fulltext.
Click on Search Multiple Databases
link to search all three at once. Also, see detailed
tips on how to find articles on accounting topics that focus
on a particular country in the 'Research Assistance' section
Similar to the ABI/Inform databases, Business Source Premier provides in-depth coverage of International Accounting and other business articles.
To access accounting journals and literature in Lexis, select
'Business' from the main menu, then 'Accounting'. Includes AICPA
publications, GAAP guides, Miller European Guide, and others.
For assignments in this
class, you will use the format of the Accounting Review, Accounting Horizons, or Issues in Accounting Education, for your list of references for
papers. These publications are from the American Accounting Association and loosely follow the Chicago Manual
of Style (you can find this in the reference area of the library).
Click here to access the Guide for Citing resources from Accounting Horizons, Accounting Review, and Issues in Accounting Education
If you can't find what
you are looking for or you have further questions...
- Come to the Reference Desk located on the middle
level at the north end of the library
- Call the Reference Desk at (801) 626-6415 or
Toll free (877) 306-3140
- Click on Live Assistant from the Library Home
Page during library hours
- Email the Reference Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or contact the Business
& Economics Librarian