Some of the information you will find out about Dell will include:
- The company and it's competitors
- The main industry players, their websites and financial information
- Market shares
- Trends in the industry
- Current news from newspapers, magazines, journals, and trade
TIPS FOR KEYWORD AND SUBJECT SEARCHING:
Many databases use different search terms. Here are a few
- computer industry
- software industry
- hardware industry
- information technology hardware
- computer hardware
- dell computer corp.
- Encyclopedia of American Industries Reference
Table 6 HC102 .E53 1998
Volume I covers Manufacturing Industries, and Volume II covers
Service and Non-manufacturing Industries. Both volumes arranged
by SIC code. Entries include an industry snapshot, organization
and structure, background and development, current conditions,
and industry leaders. Also includes a bibliography for further
- Market Share Reporter Reference Table 6
Covers product and service categories in all industries.
Data is obtained from trade journals, new letters, business magazines,
and newspapers, and analysts' reports. Arrangement is by
2-digit SIC grouping, with indexes by subject, company, geographic
area, and information source.
- Moody's/Mergent Industry Review Reference Table 6 HG 4961 .M68
Provides comparative financial data by industry for approximately
- Standard & Poor's Industry Surveys
Analysis of current and historical trends on an industry
basis. Current edition available online via
Standard & Poor's NetAdvantage
- U.S. Industry and Trade Outlook Reference Table 6 Govt Doc C 61:48
Includes hundreds of industry reviews, analyses, and forecasts
for a wide range of industries.
- Plunkett's InfoTech Industry Almanac Reference
Table 6 HD9696.C63U5287
- Dun and Bradstreet/Gale industry reference handbooks
Reference Table 6
Compilation of information on specific industries. Includes recent
statistics and descriptive information about the industry. Industries
covered include Entertainment, Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Computers
and software, Telecommunications, and Health and medical services.
For a complete list of reference books, internet sources, and databases
on company & industry research, consult the Company
Some business periodicals have special issues dedicated to computer issues.
A few of these include:
- Datamation (HF1.D23242)
January issue: Computer Industry Outlook
December issue: Worldwide PC Big 50
- Computerworld (HD1.C738)
January issue: CW Forecast (a look ahead at the computer world)
- FW (Financial World) (HG1.F4917)
January issue: Computers: Global Report and 50
Largest Publicly Traded Computer Companies
- Byte (QA1.B9)
January issue: Years Best Products (Byte Awards)
- Direct from Dell : strategies that revolutionized an industry.
Michael Dell with Catherine Fredman.
Located on the Lower Level- Electronic Reserve
- One to one B2B: Customer development strategies for
the business-to-business world HF5422.P38 2001
Don Peppers and Martha Rogers.
Includes a chapter on Dell Corporation and how they have redefined
their business in the context of B2B.
Back to Business & Economics
March 10, 2009
. Please send comments to Shaun Adamson
Weber State University, Stewart Library. Copyright © 2015 All Rights
Stewart Library - Weber State University - Ogden, Utah 84408. (801) 626-6403 - Copyright © 2008 ALL Rights Reserved