Please assist us in maintaining
our classrooms by following the guidelines listed below. Library
- Room 138 - Middle level, north end
(30 student stations, no additional tables)
- Room 106 - Middle level, south end (30 student stations, 1 round table with chairs)
- Room 31 - Lower level (24 student stations,
6 additional round tables with chairs)
- Room 59 - Lower level (22 student stations, no additional tables)
- To schedule a room:
- Use Webevent: Please schedule use of the
classroom through the WebEvent classroom
- WSU faculty, please feel free to contact your Subject
Librarian to assist with scheduling a room. We welcome
all WSU faculty to work with the appropriate Subject
Librarian to design information literacy sessions
and/or assignments for your students.
- You will generally receive an email confirmation within
a few days following your scheduling request.
- Plan ahead:
- Please schedule the classroom several days in advance when possible. To check on the availability of a classroom for several weeks or longer, please email Library Instruction, or call the Reference Desk, 801-626-6415.
- Other departments: Although the library
classes and information literacy sessions have priority use,
we welcome the use of the classrooms by other departments,
- These classrooms are generally booked most mornings
from week 2 through week 6 of each semester for library
classes, English 2010 and First Year Experience library
- Because these rooms are so heavily booked they are
generally unavailable for off campus patrons.
- To change or
cancel a scheduled room: We appreciate knowing as soon
as possible if you are not going to use a room so we can make
it available to others.
and Use of Classrooms
- A WSU faculty or staff member must supervise classroom use
at all times.
- Students or outside community members should not be left
in the rooms unsupervised.
- Unsupervised use could result in the loss or misuse of high
use and expensive equipment.
- Library faculty/staff should remind other faculty using
the rooms to be sure to maintain supervision and to make sure
rooms are locked when they leave.
- Opening classrooms:
- Faculty/Staff: If you are not working directly with a Subject
Librarian, please ask Reference or Circulation staff
to open the classroom door for you.
- Reference staff may assist with opening rooms 138 and 106
- Circulation staff may assist with opening rooms 31 and
- Students in REGULARLY SCHEDULED for credit classes may
ask staff to open classroom 5 to 10 minutes before faculty
arrive. Library staff (as listed above) may do so to
alleviate noise and congestion.
- Closing classrooms:
- Faculty/Staff: Please make sure lights are off and the
door is closed and locked when you leave. Do not leave
the room unattended.
- Do not turn off any stations when you are finished. Library
staff will shutdown stations daily.
- Food and Drink:
- Food and drink should not be brought into the classroom.
If it is a special occasion and you want to bring food
or drink into the classroom, please let us know in advance
in the scheduling form and be
extremely discreet. ALL food and beverages must be
consumed at the round tables and may not come anywhere near
- A notebook with equipment instructions is on, or near, the
teaching station in each classroom. This three ring binder
contains detailed instructions for using the teaching station and student stations.
- Make sure you have practiced using all the equipment needed
in the classroom well in advance of teaching.
- Hardware and Software: We assume you will
use our existing
hardware and software.
- New hardware and software is selected by the Information
Literacy team. Any new hardware or software selected will
usually only be installed between terms.
- If you need to use your own hardware or laptop, please call
Systems at 801-626-6860 well in advance so we can schedule
- Do not install any hardware or software without the
direct assistance and consent of Library Systems. This includes
- Call Systems at 801-626-6806 if you have any questions
regarding hardware or software installation needs.
- Problems with Equipment:
- If you have problems with equipment call Reference staff (801-626-6415) or Systems (801-626-6860)