Please assist us in maintaining library classrooms by following the guidelines listed below
- To schedule a room:
- For instructions concerning how to schedule a classroom, please see the library classroom schedule
- Please note that a room is not reserved until it has been approved by the calendar administrator
- WSU faculty, please contact your Subject Librarian to assist with scheduling a room.
- WSU faculty and staff may reserve classrooms for single or multiple uses, if available.
- Please reserve library classrooms at least a week in advance. We will try to accommodate late requests, but may not be able to.
- Please email Library Instruction if you wish to use a library classroom more than once.
- Students and community users cannot reserve rooms.
- You will generally receive an email confirmation within a few days following your scheduling request.
- If you need to cancel: We appreciate knowing as soon as possible if you are not going to use a room so we can make it available to others.
- Contact Reference staff, 801-626-6415 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are working with a Subject Librarian, please contact them.
- Use Guidelines
- A WSU faculty or staff member must be present in the classroom while it is in use.
- Please do not leave students unsupervised.
- Faculty and staff please turn off the lights and shut the door when you are finished.
- Opening Classrooms
- Faculty/Staff: If you are not working directly with a Subject Librarian, please ask Reference or Circulation staff to open the classroom door for you.
- Reference staff will open rooms 138 and 106
- Circulation staff will open rooms 31 and 59
- Closing Classrooms:
- Faculty and Staff: Please make sure lights are off and the door is closed and locked when you leave. Please do not leave the room unattended
- Please do not turn off any stations when you are finished. Library staff will shut down stations.
- Food and Drink:
- Contained food and drink is allowed. Please do not allow students to have any food or drink that might harm the computers.
- For special occasions, please make a note on the scheduling form or email Library Instruction for help.
- Please check the classroom manual for help operating the classrooms’ hardware and software and connecting a personal laptop.
- Please ask Reference staff for help with any issues. You may ask at the desk, middle level north OR use the classroom telephone and dial 6415.
Hardware and Software:
- You may not load software on the classroom computers.
- If you would like to use special software, please inform Library Instruction at least 3-4 weeks before your class.
- If the response is positive, you will need to provide properly licensed software and work with Library Systems to install it.
- Do not install any hardware that requires a modification of the current arrangement.
- You are welcome to connect a laptop or similar devices. Each classroom has a set of basic cables. Circulation also has HDMI and VGA cables available for checkout and in- library use.
- If you would like to use hardware not available in the classroom, please inform Library Instruction 1-2 weeks before class to see if it is possible to do so.