will be able to:
knowledge of content within the Humanities in order to
learn about its unifying themes and diverse perspectives
use Web resources to find and use information in the Humanities.
Students will be able to:
- Understand and apply the steps in the research process
- Develop a focused research question
- Identify the appropriate types and formats of information
for research in the Humanities
- Find and access information by effectively using catalogs,
databases and search engines
- Use information resources effectively
- Critically evaluate information sources
- Understand plagiarism and documentation of information
- Understand HTML code in order to know how Web pages
3. Successfully complete a Humanities
research project and publish it on the World Wide
4. Work well
in groups in order to learn from each other.
5. Practice speaking and writing
clearly and completely, at a level appropriate for university
work in order to improve communication skills.
|Students will complete a series
of assignments requiring them to learn about the Humanities
content its unifying themes and diverse perspectives. Content
may vary each term.
Students will demonstrate their abilities using and evaluating
Humanities information through a series of practical
exercises completed in class and/or as homework.
Students will be given multiple opportunities to work in groups
and to practice writing and speaking skills.
will complete a final Humanities research project designed
to assess all of the outcomes listed. See
The student end of course evaluation
will assess how students feel about their own learning in each
|Exercises, assignments and the final
research projects will be included in each course, each semester.
end of course evaluations will be conducted for every
Faculty will use data and comments to continually improve student
learning and teaching methods. Team faculty will meet each semester
as a focus group to look at student comments and to implement
Summary reports of evaluations appear in faculty professional
Enrollment data will be published in the instruction
team annual report.