It is the mission of the Library to
provide educational resources and services that support the teaching,
scholarship, and community service programs of Weber State University.
Access to resources and services will not be denied or abridged
on account of age, disability, economic status, gender, racial or
ethnic origin, political or religious affiliation, or sexual orientation.
Access restrictions will be kept to a minimum, consisting only of
those which are essential for the well-being of the Library Users
and personnel, library operations, and materials preservation.
In support of this mission, the library provides access to its materials
and services in accordance with the following "Library Users
Rights and Responsibilities" guidelines:
Library Users have a right to expect:
* A collection of library resources appropriate for a four-year
institution of higher education.
* Library resources which are well organized and in good physical
* Courteous, efficient, and effective service in all circumstances
and at all times.
* Reasonable accommodation for disabilities.
* Reasonable assistance/instruction in the development of library
* Use of library resources and services without undue restriction.
* Confidential access to library resources.
* A clean, safe, and reasonably quiet facility.
* Library visits which are free from harassment, physical danger,
and psychological stress.
* Conscientious and timely responses to complaints and conflicts.
Library Users have a responsibility to ensure:
* The proper check-out and timely return of borrowed materials.
* Care in the use of library materials, equipment and furnishings.
* Maintenance of a clean, safe, and reasonably quiet facility.
* Compliance with library policies and guidelines.
* Courteous interactions and polite behavior in all circumstances
and at all times.
To protect its resources, provide for the productive operation of its
services, and to promote the well-being of Library Users and personnel,
the Library enforces the following Disruptive Behavior Policy:
Library users are expected to conduct themselves in a manner which
complies with the "Library Users Rights and Responsibilities"
guidelines. Library users who conduct themselves in a manner which is
not in compliance with these guidelines may be asked to leave the facility
and/or may have their library privileges suspended.
Legal References: Utah Code 76-8-701 thru 718; 76-9-102;
76-9-106; Weber State University Policy & Procedures Manual Sec.
22; Weber State University Student Code Sec. IV & X