Class 2 Recovery (Disaster effects multiple areas of the facility)
- Recovery Coordinators: University Librarian; Emergency Preparedness
Task Force Chair; Library Facilities Manager;Professional Disaster Recovery
Personnel if available
- Recovery Team: Administrators of effected areas; Emergency Preparedness
Task Force; Others as needed
Immediately upon notification by one of the coordinators.
RM 109 if accessible, otherwise the parking lot on south side building
- Restrict access to the affected areas
- Identify areas effected and assign teams for each
- Consult with Physical Plant and Fire Marshall for approval to begin
recovery in designated areas.
- Gather recovery supplies (See: Auxiliary Emergency Supplies, page
- Identify site to which recovered property will be relocated;
specify how and where damaged property will be segregated from undamaged
- Assess the type and extent of damage in each area.
- Move undamaged materials, furnishings, etc. from the effected areas
- Begin salvage of damaged property. Refer to documentation at the end
of this manual or in the Emergency Preparedness Library
Page 12 (next page)
Return to Table of Contents