Problem/Damaged Books Process
- Problem/damaged book form filled-out properly.
- Circulation checks out item/s to bindery.
- Circulation takes the item/s to bindery.
- Bindery sorts the item/s according to subject librarian (Shelf is labeled accordingly).
- Bibliographer visits the bindery (RM116) and process each item/s.
- Bibliographer makes the decision on the item/s.
- Bibliographer files the item/s on respective shelf according to their decision (see form). These shelves are:
- Repair/rebind (Requires cost analysis, see bindery)
- Withdraw (Cataloger withdraws the item/s)
- Reorder (Acquisitions orders a replacement)
- Bindery will process each item/s on each shelf accordingly. For reorder, bibliographer can notify Acquisitions about the order. Otherwise, Bindery will notify Acquisitions.
- Bindery files & keeps the form for all completed item/s.
- Bindery will remind and send bibliographers an email accordingly (i.e., quarterly or every six months.) Otherwise, Bibliographers are free to visit the bindery anytime to process problem/damaged item/s.
Exemption: Joan’s item/s will be placed on a cart and delivered to her office.