To renew a Library item,
borrowers may choose from the following options:
- In person at the Circulation desk during regular Library hours.
- Calling 801-626-6545 during Library hours.
- Two renewals are allowed on most library items unless a hold/request has
been placed on the item.
- Renewals are not allowed on Bound Periodicals, Reserve, or "in library" use
following fines (late fees) are in effect and may be applied when material
is not returned on time:
- Books, Documents, Maps, Media: $.50 per item per day.
- Bound Periodicals: $2.00 per item per day.
- Selected Media and all Reserve Material: $1.00 per hour per item.
- Interlibrary Loan: $2.00 per item per day
- Lost or Damaged Items: Cost of item replacement.
- Payment of fines can be made in person at the Circulation Services desk, over the phone at 801-626-6545, or online at the Stewart Library Payment Center.
The following penalties
are in effect and may be applied when material has become overdue:
- Library checkout privileges are suspended when fine is $10.00 or more.
- A fine hold is initiated when fine is $20.00 or more.
- A registration hold is initiated when library item is not returned or is returned damaged.
- Excessive fines are referred
to the University's collection agency when there is no response to the
Library's requests for return of overdue item(s) or payment for lost/damaged