Course Reserves in the
WSU Library and Conformance with
Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) & University
In providing Course
Reserve services for instructors, the Library accepts the following:
- Single copy of copyrighted material provided by an instructor
for use in a single course during a single semester when the copying
meets the tests for fair use, brevity, spontaneity,
and cumulative effect.
- Single copy of material produced and provided by an instructor
(e.g., syllabi, sample exams, etc.)
- Single copy of copyrighted material intended for simultaneous
use in multiple courses and/or to be used over successive semesters
only when copyright permissionhave been obtained from the copyright holder and are on file with the Reserve Office.
- Reserve personnel will assist instructors in obtaining copyright
permissions upon request.
- Material for which copyright permission is required but
cannot be obtained will not be processed and will be returned
to the instructor by the Reserve Supervisor.
- Material received from an instructor without a Reserve Request
form will not be processed and will be returned to the instructor.
Course Reserve materials, the Library requires materials be delivered
three days prior to the date of intended use.