The Library Student Advisory Committee was created to give student a voice in library services, spaces, and resources. LSAC collaborates with Stewart Library administration and staff to provide ideas, feedback, and advocacy to create a stronger library and promote student success.
Application deadline for 2021-2022 appointment: Monday, October 11, 2021, 11:59 pm
Who is on LSAC?
- Students from all of the WSU colleges appointed by the library through an application process.
- Appointments to the LSAC are made by mid-October for annual terms to begin fall semester.
- Terms are renewable, upon a new application.
- Membership includes representation from all of the academic colleges, at least one graduate student, at least one student from Davis Campus, and a liaison from the Weber State University Student Association (WSUSA).
- Current library student employees are not eligible to serve on LSAC.
What will I gain from the experience?
- Serving on the LSAC will provide an opportunity to share feedback and concerns about the library that are of the highest priority to your fellow students.
- Participation provides essential skills for future work, including leadership, teamwork, problem-solving, and communication skills, as well as potential connections for future references.
- You will directly shape the library services, resources, and spaces that are essential to your success at WSU.
- You can develop a greater sense of belonging at WSU.
- You will receive a $50.00 gift card at the end of your service if you meet the attendance requirements.
What is expected of members?
- Provide information about student needs, concerns, and priorities.
- Provide advice and feedback on library policies, services, and spaces.
- Share ideas and input on the design and implementation of new library services.
- Provide insights into student study, research, and library use habits.
- Serve as a library advocate and communicate information about library services and resources to the student community.
- Attend 3 monthly meetings (October/November, January/February, March/April).